Thursday 26 August 2021

Lockdown

 On Tuesday the 17th of August the whole of Aotearoa (New Zealand) went into an alert level 4 lockdown because of a Delta variant of  Covid 19. My Mum and I went to the supermarket after school before Jacinda Ardern announced there was a case, and we were happy we did! An alert level 4 lockdown means: staying in your bubble, keeping at least 2 metres distance from everybody, all shops are closed except essential shops, only essential things can be ordered online, you have to wear a face mask over your nose and mouth in shops, constantly sanitising or washing your hands, and of coarse no school or work.

My Mum and I are making a DIY miniature house, it even comes with lights that work! To also fill in time I have been doing lots of reading, bike rides and walking  I read or are still reading: The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward, The Baby-Sitters Club By Ann M. Martin, and The Girl With The Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts. My Mum and I biked into Gisborne town from our house in Okitu, and we go up Makorori Headland every day.

Although I am enjoying lockdown, I am missing my Friends and Whanau, and can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about