Tuesday 30 November 2021

Kapa Haka performance 2021

"Utaina Mai Toru Wha", called Zoe our Kaeae. We were on the stage performing our Kapa Haka bracket, but because of Covid 19, the Turanganui-a-Kiwa cultural festival was canceled, so we still got to perform, but instead of in front of everyone, we videoed it! We were all in our Moko and feathers singing beautifully together. 

We sang/chanted six songs, in the order we sang them in was: Utaina, Ka Waiata, E Rona (our poi song), Ka Pana (girls Haka), Boys Haka, and Toia Mai. My favourite song was Utaina and E Rona. 

The awesome part of getting videoed  is that we get to see ourselves perform, and we get to see any improvements we could change. I am so privileged that I get to participate in the culture of our country, which some people can't participate in, and I feel sorry that they can't.

Since I have been at Wainui Beach School, I have come very far with Kapa Haka, and this year I finally got a spot in the front row, which I am very  proud about! Overall I had a really fun day performing!

This is the video of Moana Syndicate performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about